- The story must be written originally in the English language and should not exceed the 4000-word limit. Entries exceeding the word limit will be disqualified. Type the exact word count (counting every single word, except the title) at the top of the manuscript.
- The contest is open internationally to new and established writers aged 18 years or over. There is no upper age limit.
- There are no restrictions on setting, genre or theme.
- Entries must be received not later than 15 August 2021. (11:59 pm in Indian Standard Time)
- The total prize money is Rs. 50,000. The 1st prize winner gets Rs. 25,000, the 2nd prize winner will take home Rs. 15,000 while it is Rs. 10,000 for the 3rd prize winner.
|Entry Fee||Residents of India||Non-residents of India|
- Refunds are not provided for disqualified, withdrawn or non-winning entries.
- Please do not enter after the deadline as your entry won’t count but you may still be charged.
- Stories published earlier can also be submitted.
- Entries will ONLY be accepted via the online entry form.
- All entries are final. No revisions are accepted.
- The decisions of the judges are entirely their own, and are final.
- Copyright remains with the writer, but entrants are deemed to have assigned first publication rights to Twist & Twain.
- At the discretion of the judges, stories making it to the short list will be published on Twist & Twain. Those selected as honorable mentions will have the chance to be published alongside the winning selections on Twist & Twain.
- All entries should be submitted in Arial 12-point font and double line spacing. All pages should be numbered. Please save your document as a MS Word file and use the title of the story as the file name. The first page should include the title of the story, the number of words, author name, mailing address, e-mail address and contact number.
- The contest result will be announced by December 2021. The prize winners will be informed separately before the date.
- The short listed ones will also be informed.
- The prize amount will be transferred electronically to the bank account of the winners.
- For queries related to submissions or payment issues, please contact us at email@example.com